2019 Direct Mail Results from 4 Different Non-Profits
Acquisition Mailing…….14 years and still THE control – Catholic Relief Services
- 2005 test using shiny brass plated steel (BPS) at .984” diameter…….5,000,000 mailed
- Enlarged color picture of medallion on OSE. ‘ANGEL MEDALLION INSIDE….DO NOT SHRED’
- 10% increase in response against control
- 5% higher donations realized
Prospect mailing – National Museum of the American Sailor
- 2018 test using shiny brass plated steel (BPS) at .984” diameter …………….40,000 mailed
- On the OSE: DO NOT SHRED OR DISCARD! Your Founding Sponsor Medallion Enclosed
- 31% increase in response rate against control
- With NO coin, only realized 1.49% response rate
- NET = 55% increase in response rate over the NO coin option
Direct Response Campaign (Acquisition and Back End Premium) – The Statue of Liberty Ellis Island Foundation
- 2017 & 2018 mailings using golden brass medallion at 1.50” diameter………7,500 mailed (3 executions)
- Offered at $35 each.
- 38% of donors gave exactly $35……10% gave MORE than a single $35 gift, so they could receive more than one medallion……….69% of all donors gave within the ‘medallion range’ of $35 to $249.
- At the $250 level, a .999 Fine Silver, colorized medallion was offered.
- Net = Multiple mailings using a custom golden brass medallion achieved a positive net result
Direct Response Campaign (Commemorative Back End Premium) – Wildlife SOS
- Out of 3 premiums offered at $12.00 threshold, (coin, socks & plush toy), 60% chose RAJU The Elephant medallion.
- 1-1/2” diameter in textured, high relief antique brass
- Monthly donor mailing was targeted at NEW clients – the medallion was a major contributor in realizing NEW donors.
New press releases highlighting coins uses are added all the time. Please continue to check back for the latest white papers. If you'd like to speak with a sales specialist, call 1-877-480-0457.