EMAIL – You can email file attachments to email@example.com. Please include your company name in the subject line. Please contact sales at 1-800-488-2646 if you have questions about your file size.
All artwork shown in black will be raised on the coin.
- Providing vector artwork will minimize art charges and produce the best finished product.
- Vector file extensions are typically .AI (Adobe Illustrator) or .EPS.
- All fonts must be outlines.
- .JPG, .BMP, .TIF, .GIF, and .PSD files must have a minimum resolution of 300 dpi (dots per inch).
- No Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Publisher, or Quark files will be accepted.
- All coin artwork is preferred in an IBM PC Compatible format. Macintosh files should be saved in a PC format when possible.
- If you have an idea but no camera ready artwork, sketch it out and send it to us. We’ll let you know the in-house art charges.
Hints for Achieving the Best Looking End Product
- Be sure to proof your coin artwork at actual coin size. Things look very different when you shrink them down and engrave the coin. If you can read a word in print, you can read it on a coin.
- Please review all artwork carefully. Changes made after a die is started may require engraving a complete new die at the customer’s expense.
- For busts (portraits) and detailed scenes (landscape, bridges, buildings etc) our engravers require line art as well as a photograph for reference.
- Half tones and shading cannot be reproduced on a custom engraved coin and should be eliminated.
Simplify your project by having Osborne’s experts prepare your artwork. We offer typesetting, touch up and photo conversion.
|Typeset and send paper proof.||$25||1 or 2 sides|
|Clean up low resolution digital files and add curved copy||$50||1 side|
|Clean up low resolution digital files and add curved copy||$75||2 sides|
|Re-illustrate photo as coin-ready vector images||$100||1 side|
|New design including some internet research||$125||per side|
|Changes made after 2 revisions||$35||hour|