Alumni Fundraising and Engagement Engine
State support for public colleges and universities is dropping around the country, and they are really feeling the crunch. Private schools are affected by budget shortfalls as well. Fundraising has become more important now than ever before.
The tried and true method of raising money is reaching out via direct mail to your alumni. The first (and biggest) hurdle is just getting the fundraising letter opened.
What if the direct mail package included a tangible reminder your alumni could carry in their purse or pocket to remind them of their college experience AND it motivated them to open the letter?
Custom metal coins used as part of your direct mail campaign increase open rates AND donations - up to 15%.
Why do they work?
- A tangible gift reminds them of their affinity for their alma mater
- Evoke nostalgia for the college experience which motivates donations
- Create positive emotions of the lasting benefits of their education
- Remind alumni of personal collegiate achievement
- Coins inspire action
In one 14 yearlong case study, we’ve found that using a personalized coin in direct mail services increased response 10% and led to 5% higher donations. 66% of people are more likely to donate when they have something physical to refer back to.
Each coin is made in Cincinnati, OH from metals including aluminum, golden brass, bronze, nickel silver or fine silver. Coins can be color printed and/or made in a variety of finishes and sizes.
Call or e-mail for catalog/free samples firstname.lastname@example.org, 513-591-4429.
Other ideas for custom coin use:
- Graduation Gift
- Freshman Initiation
- Token of Appreciation to employees, donors, boosters
- Recognition Programs for academics, sports, volunteers
- Commemorative for a significant anniversary, inauguration, building dedication, large sporting events